Monday, February 8, 2016

My On Line Identity

Prior to setting up this blog, I made a search of  myself to see what I look like on the Internet.  Except LinkedIn, I found nothing.  A part of the reasons, I guess, is that I have not used my real name ( my name after marriage) whenever I go on line.  Then, I used my pre-marriage name to find myself on the Internet, and I found a couple of women who have the same name as mine.  But I was not able to find myself.

I was impressed with the phrase of "partial identities" (the article is Understanding your online identity), and felt relieved to read that "none of them has the full and true picture of who you are", because this would allow me to control my on-line presence, I hope.

My lingering issue is about LinkedIn.  As I asked a question in the last class, I feel uneasy to give the details of companies I have worked for.  This issue remains to be solved.

Thank you for reading!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment